School Re-Opening Toolkit
The Georgia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics’ School Health Committee has developed a toolkit that can serve as a template for how the pediatrician can become involved in school re-openings. It includes:
- Sample introductory letter to send to local superintendents expressing an interest in participating in the planning and implementation of school reopenings.
- Sample handout for patients emphasizing the importance of reconnecting with pediatricians during this crisis.
- Sample letter for pediatricians to use to clear students to return to school after an illness.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Resources for the pediatrician
The toolkit can be used by any medical provider, especially for AAP’s working in school-based health centers.
To access the toolkit, click here for pdf download.
Or use this link: https://www.gaaap.org/toolkit-for-school-re-entry-covid-19/.
Updated: September 2020
How to Start a SBHC Toolkit
Click here for SBHC expansion toolkit pdf download.
Updated: January 2018